RP post: In the library, the gods are as capricious as always
Asar-Suti is sorting index cards.
He is worried about Gil, actually; the faun hasn't been his usual self this winter, and he won't talk about it. Asar-Suti often makes up his mind to broach the subject, but Gil has years of practice in deflecting 'Suti's attention -- or is it that there is really nothing gravely wrong?
And these index cards would be unnecessary, by now, if all those medieval and magical types would agree to use the computer to look up things, which really is no evil witchcraft or anything!! But no, for most of them, magic and technology doesn't mix.
Dunces!
"Not you!" Asar-Suti says, realising he has spoken aloud from the stare the cat passing the open library door is giving him.-
He is worried about Gil, actually; the faun hasn't been his usual self this winter, and he won't talk about it. Asar-Suti often makes up his mind to broach the subject, but Gil has years of practice in deflecting 'Suti's attention -- or is it that there is really nothing gravely wrong?
And these index cards would be unnecessary, by now, if all those medieval and magical types would agree to use the computer to look up things, which really is no evil witchcraft or anything!! But no, for most of them, magic and technology doesn't mix.
Dunces!
"Not you!" Asar-Suti says, realising he has spoken aloud from the stare the cat passing the open library door is giving him.-

no subject
The yell at the cat skitting in front of him takes Charlie by surprise, and makes him blink at the purple godling. "Something wrong?"
no subject
Asar-Suti shakes his head. "None of them a match for the first and original one, of course. Ahh, well."
Beat.
"What can I do for you, Charlie-for-whom-Teja-finally-admitted-to-gayness?"
no subject
It isn't quite off-putting that the guy mentions 'the first and original' one, and Charlie has to wonder if he meant Charlemagne. "Actually I was just looking for a brief history of about the 1800s, in the United States."
He can definitely go look on a computer, really. "Seeing as Teja's a woman, for reasons unknown to me, I would assume it'd be he finally admitted to being straight. For now." He rubbed at the back of his neck--of course he was still attracted to him, but...it was a jarring difference.
no subject
Beat.
Then, he grins.
"Speaking of bloody history -- so Mr. Bloody History himself is now a woman, is he not? That must be some sight to see! I hope he was at least made to wear fun clothes. Oh my god -- the Goth with boobs!!"
Asar-Suti cackles at the idea -- there is no other word for his laugh that confers pure schadenfreude.
no subject
"Oh, he's--she's beautiful, all right...I'm not sure how Teja will handle it, but it really makes little difference to me, in reference to sex." He merely chuckled at the idea of 'the goth with boobs', shaking his head as he went to search.
"I hear you do sex changes yourself, too. Finding the idea of them others funny?"
no subject
Beat.
"I remember having a book on the Wild West that has a big W on the back, in one of those typefaces with huge serifs that they liked," he adds, helpfully.
Another beat.
"So you really swing both ways all the way, and that Goth likes being nailed in female shape, properly, by a proper fellow? Yep, that's lots of fun -- I remember. I just thought there would be more howling and gnashing of teeth, seeing how starchy and misogynist he used to be only recently!"
no subject
"Jason's a friend of mine, actually, we're...cut from the same cloth, so to speak. With minor exceptions. Though it was a little harsh not to change him back when he asked."
Beat.
"Though to answer the second part of your question I'd hardly call myself proper. I'm a little rough around the edges if you get to know me."
no subject
Beat.
"Proper fellows are supposed to be a bit rough around the edges - adds to the maleness!" he then says.
no subject
He smiles, opening the book and resting his chin on one loose fist, and looks up at the librarian. "So tell me, at risk of inciting a comment I probably shouldn't, am I rough enough for you?"
no subject
Beat.
"I'd say I'd wait for the Goth's verdict on how well you perform at the rough bits, but he's less likely to talk about that than" -- Gil about whatever is wrong with him -- "a nun about her clandestine deflowerment, so at a glance, yep, seems you would do."
no subject
"I'm not sure Teja would tell you how well I perform at the rough bits, to be honest. He's a bit closemouthed about that. And about the nuns, not all of them take a vow of chastity. Most are just damned discreet about it." The smile he's giving Asar-Suti right about now could be described as many, many things.
Mostly devious.
no subject
Beat.
"However, I always thought that the name 'Monroe' only goes really, really well with 'Marilyn'!"
no subject
Charlie smiled lightly. "Teach away, I'm learning all sorts of new things here that really never crossed my mind before."
no subject
Beat, grin.
"Won't do to let that silly Goth be straight too long!"
no subject
The phrases 'are you out of your mind' and 'hell no' both float through his head, and he debates seriously saying one or both. What ends up coming out is, "sounds like one hell of a time."
no subject
He gets up, lifts his right hand, and draws a very, very complicated sign in the air, made up of bold strokes as well as many little squiggles and dashes. The sign hangs in the air, the palest purple lines, likes puffs of violet chalk; then, suddenly, they catch on purple fire, sparkle in brightest lilac with a whiff of volcanic fires. The sign expands, throws itself around Charlie like a fishing net, glows brightly, and all the lines sink into him.
Beat.
And then everything, sense of balance, hair, posture, even clothes, subtly shifts.
"Wow!" Asar-Suti says. "Will last while the Goth's change lasts as well -- have fun!"
no subject
"Well, damn." He looks up, scratching at his neck idly. "I'm going to point out that 'sounds like a hell of a time' doesn't mean 'sure, go ahead', but...well."
He looks at himself curiously. "You're good at that, at least."
no subject
He looks.
"Bloody pretty!! You know, the straight guys in this place would pay money to see that Goth and you canoodle as usual, if he's anything like this!"
no subject
"Though now I'll have to go ask Bar for some different clothing, since all of mine will be menswear." He looks up, still a little surprised. "I can only imagine Teja's reaction to this."
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
"I'll tell you what he says, in a few days!"
no subject
Then, he returns to his index cards, in a much better mood. He likes this young fellow -- he's fun.
The magic will last a week, then gently leave the young fellow in his sleep, just as such things tend to do, when they run their natural cause in Milliways.-